Thursday 30 August 2012

Close Reading


Irregular Past Tense Verbs Cloze

Fill in the blanks below with one of the 15 irregular past tense verbs in the box.


















(1) He __________did_______ his homework before he went to school.
(2) It was cold so we _______drank__________ some hot chocolate.
(3) I ________made_________ a sandcastle when I went to the beach.
(4) It was a hot day so she ____________swam_____ in the lake yesterday.
(5) His car had a flat tire so he ______took___________ the bus to work.
(6) I ____________rode_____ a horse last summer when I went to my uncle’s farm.
(7) I was late for class so I ___ran______________ to school.
(8) I ________ate_________ two hamburgers so I am full.
(9) I ___________read______ a good book before I went to bed.
(10) She ________saw_________ a lion when she went to the zoo.
(11) A letter __________came_______ in the mail today.
(12) They ________went_________ hiking yesterday.
(13) I _______________gave__ my brother a game for his birthday.
(14) She _________got________ a good report card so her mom was happy.
(15) I __________met_______ my friends when we went to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment